I sense someone with me.
I keep looking over my shoulder but no one is to be seen.
As I walk through the forest at the edge of town, the feeling gets stronger.
I hear noises behind me.
It is almost as if something or someone is guiding or leading me.
But I am not on a well-used path.
I left that main path twenty minutes ago when I heard a crash.
It is hard walking through the brush but I can’t see a way back.
I must be on a forgotten or animal trail.
I don’t have any clue what crashed or why I left the main path.
All I remember is a strong sense that I was okay as long as I followed this trail.
I glance over my shoulder.
A branch must of have brushed my shoulder because there is no one behind me.
There is a break in the tree line up ahead.
I pause briefly.
There is a sense of calm surrounding me.
As I reach the edge of the clearing.
I see what looks like an old foundation just off to my right.
I shake my head, make that what is left of one.
Why do I feel this need to check it out?
I walk slowly toward it.
The fireplace is partly intact.
As I enter a partial break in the foundation, I sense like I am coming home.
Walking to the mantle, I feel as if I am walking back in time.
Engraved in the stone work I find initials still visible.
I rub my fingers over the carvings.
The wind caresses my face.
Is someone saying hello?
Someone wants to be remembered.
Ghostrider I will not forget you.
Don’t worry Ghost; I feel like you are my grandfather.
I giggle as I run my fingers over the initials.
I need remember them and can search for him.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment