My gift of writing comes through my bloodline.
My love for reading comes that way too.
Even the stitching is a gift.
First, writing comes down through the ages from Great Gram to Granny to Mom to me.
All wrote in one form or another from poetry to small verses to journals.
Even letter writing between pen pals Granny and Aunt Connie.
Great Gram wrote beautiful rhyming poetry while her daughter wrote cute verses in cards.
Granny wrote in journals and to her pen pal for years.
My mom wrote journals of sorts about her trials in life.
Now I write poetry in story form.
My heritage is a legacy of writing which I consider a gift.
One of the many gifts bestowed to me.
Granny and Grandpa both were avid readers.
Granny enjoyed a good book while grandpa read to escape when he couldn't sleep.
Mom and I both enjoy a good book before bedtime.
Aunt Connie is a great inspiration to me.
She inspired my love of books through her gifts.
She wrote lovely letters as well.
Granny made beautiful doilies and had lovely quilting stitches as well.
I figure she learned from Great Gram.
Mom learned from Granny.
One of my favourite memories is reading a book under the quilt
That my mom was working on.
Maybe this impacted a love of quilts on me at an early age.
Now my quilts have become gifts for other children.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very nice group of genetic gifts, I also inherited a love of reading, which was encouraged gr8ly by my maternal grandmother Esther(may her rest be peaceful).
I dream of authorship, and intend 2 achieve this dream!!
Timothy
:o)
Post a Comment