Friday, November 14, 2008

Through the Fog

As I look out of my window, I see the fog creep in!
It’s covering the ground like a blanket, tucking the earth in for the night
As I watch the fog, I take a good look at the view through the fog.

There are some branches almost reaching to scratch the earth,
It’s almost a weeping willow effect like at Gram’s
Others stretch up through the fog as if to reach out for the stars.

I sit quietly writing when I see a light it’s casting a shadow on someone I think
My curiosity gets the better of me as I reach for my jacket.
I walk out the door with a desire to find the light maybe I will see what caused the shadows.

As I walk the rolls away from me.
It’s creating a moving zone of no fog.
The edges seem softened as the clearing blends the fog.

A movement ahead catches my eye again.
I speed up my walking wondering who is just out of my sight.
What is drawing me to them like a moth to the light.

I am walking in the damp air with a fairly brisk pace.
Driven to find out what caused the shadow.
Just ahead near the park the shadow stops moving.
I slow my pace with caution lights flashing in my mind.

I smile as I see the neighbour bent down with his dog.
I must have caught his shadow as he walked past the light post.
He would have hurried especially if poor Baby took off after a squirrel.

No comments: