Friday, November 14, 2008

Into Pieces

She was doing more then just painting.
She was putting pieces of her self into her work.
Like the best artist, she shares with the world what she was inspired by.

She creates life on a blank canvass.
It is like taking a picture and it becomes forever caught in time.
I stumbled into her by accident.

She had her hands full with canvasses, supplies and items for supper.
I was rushing away from the latest episode.
The pain was so great that I could not see where I was going

When I finally realized what had happened, I felt so ashamed.
She didn’t hesitate when she saw my face
She gathered her spilled collection of items.

I stopped to help here offering a hand to take the things home.
She nodded as the last of the items were packaged.
I took the bags as we headed down the alley to the rear of the complex.

We climbed the stairs leading to an upper balcony.
She unlocked the door and motioned to the kitchen for my bags.
I set the packages down and follow the clatter of canvasses and brushes.

Standing in the doorway I behold a collection of pieces belonging in a gallery.
I lean over and start flipping through the stack closet to the door.
With an eye for colour I see the life frozen in moments, an old man sitting by the pond feeding the duck or a mother pushing a stroller through the park.

The artist watches my face.
I finish the stack and look up in awe.
I begin to piece the story together.

Here heart was shattered into pieces frozen in those moments.
Without a family to share her life, she paints the hopes and dreams into her pieces.
I see a lady in pieces walking through the world hoping top find life and happiness.
Her art is expressing the need as she pieces her dreams together.

No comments: